COVID Vaccine Updates
Starting this week, Ford Field will begin accepting walk-ins while supply lasts. Registration is still encouraged – text EndCOVID to 75049. For those receiving a second Pfizer dose, make sure it’s 21 days after your first dose and bring your CDC vaccination card if you have it. Patients under 18 must have a parent or guardian present.
For all walk-ins, transportation, ASL and Spanish translations, and wheelchair assistance is available. To request these ahead of time, call 888-535-6136 (press 1).
Click here to learn more.
Beginning next week, all Michigan residents 16 and older will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. As Michigan faces increasing cases, Gov. Whitmer has urged all providers to not turn someone away who wants the vaccine.
“Because the quicker we can get to that 70 percent-plus (vaccinated) number, the
better for every one of us,” said Gov. Whitmer.
Starting on Monday, April 5, all residents are encouraged to sign up for the vaccine:
- Check the website of your local health department or hospital to find out their process or for registration forms (map of local health departments); or
- Check additional vaccination sites, such as local pharmacies like Meijer, Rite Aid, Kroger, Walmart (Mid/Central and Northern MI) or Snyder Drugs (U.P. residents); or
- Residents who don’t have access to the internet or who need assistance navigating the vaccine scheduling process can call the COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 (press 1) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration is now open for the FEMA/State of Michigan Ford Field COVID-19 vaccine clinic! There are three options to register for a vaccine:
- Go to https://clinic.meijer.com/register/CL2021 or
- Text “EndCOVID” to 75049
- Residents who don’t have access to the internet or who need assistance navigating the vaccine registration process can call the MDHHS COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 (press 1) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Vaccines are still available at the TCF Center. You can call 313-230-0505 between 9am & 8pm M-F to schedule an appointment at the TCF Center, or go to the website detroitmi.gov and click on the COVID-19 Vaccine Updates, for the most up-to-date information.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 you can go to the website Michigan.gov/protectmicommision. Or, if you would like to be a part of the conversation and join a workgroup, you can reach out to [email protected] or michigan.gov/covidvaccine for locations or information regarding COVID-19 updates. WEAR YOUR MASKS! Any concerns with COVID-19 safety protocols or lack of PPE contact the Business Agent in the area or the Union Hall.